According to the statutory British gambling regulator, the Gambling Commission, “Safe and responsible gambling comes from an industry that takes care of its customers, customers who are empowered with the knowledge to manage their gambling and a regulator that ensures the consumer is at the heart of everything we do.” The information contained here is intended to address the first two of these criteria. As we promote the services of gambling providers on this site, we believe it is important that our customers are made aware of the risks that can be associated with gambling, as well as information about where they can find further advice and support should they require it. We at Better Collective hold safer gambling in high regard and it is important for us that gambling remains a form of entertainment. We have prepared an explainer video for you, where you will find out:
- What is Safer Gambling;
- What is Problem Gambling;
- How to recognise problem gambling in others;
- Some nice Safer Gambling tips;
- We also encourage you to reach out to a helpline or other support resources and talk to a trained person about your observations, concerns, and how you should approach the person experiencing the problem. In the description of the video, you’ll find support options available to you in your country of residence
- Safer Gambling Code
- National Gambling Helpline: 0808 8020 133. This helpline provides free, confidential advice 24 hours a day for anyone affected by gambling problems.
- GAMSTOP (the national online self-exclusion system)
- Gambling Therapy. This service provides advice about problem gambling in multiple languages.
- Read advice from the UK Gambling Commission to learn how to make sure you gamble safely with licensed businesses, as well as how to gamble responsibly by using tools to manage your activity.